Immune health is important for everybody, independent of lifestyle, age, or profession. Our immune systems face tremendous everyday challenges as a result of the fast-paced lifestyle of today. A strong immune system is becoming more and more important to consumers. The top 5 health concerns of supplement users in the US, according to the Council for Responsible Nutrition Consumer Survey on Dietary Supplements (2013/2014), regularly include immune health.
Nutramunity™ Beta-Glucan (NBG®) is a versatile ingredient for functional food, beverages, nutraceuticals, and sports nutrition products that support healthy immune function.
We are the Experts
Nutramunity™ Beta-Glucan from Algalif comes with a 25-year heritage of unsurpassed yeast beta-glucan discovery and development. No other manufacturer has a stronger track record of scientific development, manufacturing expertise, and understanding of beta-1,3/1,6-glucan from baker’s yeast. This knowledge and capability are key throughout the manufacturing process to ensure that the molecular structure of the beta-glucan remains intact for it to deliver its full effect and the purity of the ingredient is delivered to a consistently high standard.
Nutramunity™ is a potent and safe immune-enhancing component isolated from baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). Clinical research has shown that beta-1,3/1,6-glucan:
- Improves immune function* (oral intake)
- Promotes healthy inflammatory response* (oral intake)
- Supports mucosal immunity and promotes respiratory health* (oral intake)
- Stimulates the skin’s ability to repair, renew, and protect itself (topical application)
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles (topical application)
Supplements, Food & Drinks
Nutramunity™ can be used in daily supplements, foods, beverages, medical foods, foods for special dietary uses, and personal care formulations. It is easy to incorporate Nutramunity™ into new and existing products. The beta-1,3/1,6-glucan molecule is stable and robust – it does not disintegrate with time, nor does it react or interfere with other ingredients. Since it does not turn rancid, no preservatives are needed. Yeast beta-glucan is highly bioactive; hence, small amounts are sufficient. These properties make incorporation of the ingredient into existing products easy, as it does not require major changes in the current formula.
It is Novel Food approved and kosher- and halal-certified. Nutramunity™ Beta-Glucan is non-allergenic and those components in yeast that may cause allergy (i.e., mannose-proteins) are completely removed during the production process.
Immunity for Everyone
Maintaining a robust immune system is crucial for individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of their lifestyle, age, or occupation. However, certain groups are particularly susceptible to infections:
- Stressed people have higher levels of hormones that weaken their immune defense.
- Families with kids are often troubled with colds, flu, and tummy bugs that kids get at nursery and school.
- The elderly are more vulnerable to infections due to age-related deterioration of immune functions.
- Healthcare professionals are in everyday contact with patients, many of whom carry contagious diseases.
- People on travel encounter alien microbes and their immune systems often struggle to cope.
- Athletes expose themselves to hard physical stress, leaving them more prone to diseases.
An Algalif Blog by Julia Gamaniek, Nutramunity Beta Glucan expert.